The Richmond and Lower Swaledale Business Association works to promote all aspects of business and tourism for the benefit of members, their businesses and the wider community.
The RLSBA provides a voice for business in the area and the Association is consulted by a wide range of agencies and strategic bodies including the town, district and county councils, York & North Yorkshire Local Enterprise Partnership [LEP].
It influences the development of strategic and community plans and sits on various bodies including
The Association also supports and initiates activities which promote the town and contribute to its economic success such as -
- Our sub group Welcome to Richmond; the tourism and attractions group.
- Richmond Walking & Book Festival
- Richmond Christmas Market Day & Street Entertainment.
- The Georgian Festival—“Georgefest”
- Business Window Competitions
- A Business Improvement District BID – a five year programme to support local businesses.
and much more.
The RLSBA grew out of it’s predecessors, the Chamber of Trade and Richmond Business and Tourism Association (RBTA), and expanded the membership to better reflect the diversity of business in Richmond, the various industrial estates and business parks.
Become a member
By becoming a member you will find that you are part of a diverse business community and that ‘a walk down this corridor’ will put you in touch with people who understand the unique demands of running a business.
- Regular monthly meetings
- Networking Opportunities
- Raise profile of your business
- Promote your skills
- Topical speakers
- Discounts between members
- A website and other promotional opportunities
- Links with other sectors